Friday, July 23, 2010

Films # 48 & 49: Boris Karloff Double feature (Jul. 23)

The Black Room
1935, 65 min.
Directed by Roy William Neill

Bride of Frankenstein
1935, 75 min.
Directed by James Whale




Argh. I was running late (again). Huffing down Congress, I walked into the theatre a few minutes after the show started. No drinks, no popcorn. In what felt like a series of only a few strides, I glided through the doors, bounded up the stairs and crept like a ninja to my seat.

Shhhhh. I hate coming in late to movies. It's a cardinal sin to a person like me. I will have to punish myself appropriately later. Luckily, it appears I mostly missed the trailers and the cartoon before the first feature. Stumbling blindly as my eyes adjusted, I was watching the screen with one eye while I tried not to trip and kill myself with the other. I'm sure I looked ridiculous taking my exaggerated steps, but oh well. I am trying to move quietly, after all...

Full writeup of the films is a work in progress...
Check back soon for the complete blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment